What makes coaching integral? Google it! Here is my version of it. But let’s see what Wikipedia says about Ken Wilber’s Integral Theory:
Integral theory is Ken Wilber‘s attempt to place a wide diversity of theories and thinkers into one single framework. It is portrayed as a “theory of everything” (“the living Totality of matter, body, mind, soul, and spirit”), trying “to draw together an already existing number of separate paradigms into an interrelated network of approaches that are mutually enriching.
I refer to Ken Wilber as one of the greatest inspiration of my life, his framework allowed me not only to understand what’s happening and how everything is connected, but it gave me a level of serenity that I could not reach before, even with 25 years of Zen meditation. It satisfied my intellect, not only my soul. I strongly advise anyone genuinely curious to read Ken Wilber, otherwise, it as a part of my teaching and coaching. I refer to this worldview before I speak a word to anyone or write one sentence, it is an “integral” part of how I define me, Rosho, as an individual, a person.
Integral developed out of Spiral Dynamics, which became Integral Spiral Dynamics in return. There is no way around the understanding of the Spiral of Human development. I teach a fast track version of Integral Spiral Dynamics during the first session with any group or individual. The incredible effect of Integral Spiral Dynamics is the sudden comprehension, that EVERYBODY IS RIGHT, but obviously just WHERE THEY STAND in the Spiral, FROM WHERE THEY LOOK. This simple awareness allowed me to save a lot of energy which otherwise was lost in judgement and incomprehension of what I perceived as a lack of understanding, curiosity, awareness, or laziness of the mind. In reality, according to your standpoint, from where you see the world, you will have more or less capacity to grasp the complexity and interconnection of things, people, systems.
The base of what I call Integral Coaching is the non-exclusion of any aspect of our life, it is profoundly holistic, hence integral.
How do we proceed and how do we start with?
- We will have a first discussion before we commit to starting a cycle of training, coaching or mentoring, which will then have a financial counterpart.
- We need to determine the distance between where you stand as from today vs. your vision of where you want to be at some point in the foreseeable future.
- Identify the barriers or obstacles that are keeping you from achieving your desired outcome.
- Propose exactly how me, coach, would work with you, prospective client, to achieve that desired outcome.
- Agree or disagree on the mutual “fit”.
- Finalise a real commitment to moving ahead by hiring me, the coach, while you feel comfortable paying for the service.
I do not like to sell packages but we can agree on it. If you find our work useful, you will be back, not because you paid for a bundle. My hourly compensation is 150€ + VAT, if applicable.